Peace by peaceful means peace and conflict, development and civilization /
Johan Galtung, one of the founders of modern peace studies, describes his reason for writing this book as a 'systematic effort to give a theoretical foundation for peace research, peace education, and peace action'. As such, it provides a stimulating and wide-ranging panorama of the ideas,... Full description
|Main Author:||Galtung, Johan|
Access to Hebrew University users only
Oslo : International Peace Research Institute ; London ; Thousand Oaks, CA : Sage Publications, 1996.
EBSCO ebook academic collection
- Introduction: Visions of Peace for the 21st Century
- pt. I. Peace Theory. 1. Peace Studies: an Epistemological Basis. 2. Peace Studies: Some Basic Paradigms. 3. Woman : Man = Peace : Violence? 4. Democracy : Dictatorship = Peace : War? 5. The State System: Dissociative, Associative, Confederal, Federal, Unitary
- or a Lost case?
- pt. II. Conflict Theory. 1. Conflict Formations. 2. Conflict Life-Cycles. 3. Conflict Transformations. 4. Conflict Interventions. 5. Nonviolent Conflict Transformation
- pt. III. Development Theory. 1. Fifteen Theses on Development Theory and Practice. 2. Six Economic Schools. 3. The Externalities. 4. Ten Theses on Eclectic Development Theory. 5. Development Theory: an Approach Across Spaces
- pt. IV. Civilization Theory. 1. Cultural Violence. 2. Six Cosmologies: an Impressionistic Presentation. 3. Implications: Peace, War, Conflict, Development. 4. Specifications: Hitlerism, Stalinism, Reaganism.