A treatise on efficacy : between Western and Chinese thinking /
|Main Author:||Jullien, Francois, 1951-|
Honolulu : University of Hawai'i Press, c2004.
- Fixing one's eyes on a model
- Relying on the propensity of things
- Goal or consequence
- Action or transformation
- The structure of opportunity
- Do nothing (with nothing left undone)
- Allow effects to come about
- From efficacy to efficiency
- The logic of manipulation
- Manipulation versus persuasion
- Water images
- In praise of facility.